Currently, CDPAP delivers a wide range of home care services. Some people do not fully understand how to get the most out of it. Still, the program is perfect for a family member’s care needs because of the universal approach.
It is an excellent choice for people who got Medicaid and are in want of home health services. This is especially true for older people who cannot make an independent choice. In some cases, seniors do not have the mental acuity to make the right decision in time and take care of their health.
It often happens that seniors may face various forms of disability or any other serious illnesses. As a result, competent and compassionate caregivers can take on the responsibility of getting right on a home on behalf of a person. Another essential edge of CDPAP is that caregivers can take care of your loved ones in a family-like treatment at any time.
Visit the following official CDPAP online resources for more details:
Keep in mind that CDPAP does not require a Personal Assistant (PA) to acquire additional qualifications. Any family member or loved one is eligible to perform Home Health Aide functions as long as the PA has the appropriate work permit or medical certificate.
The Key CDPAP Definition
The term CDPAP stands for Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program. In essence, it is a universal program designed for New Yorkers exclusively. It allows seniors to use Personal Assistants’ services and craft a personalized care plan to go through recovery. The good news is that Medicaid may fully cover the program. In other words, you don’t have to spend extra money to get help from home care service professionals.
An appointed caregiver may be helpful in the following cases:
- Safety supervision.
- Feeding the patient.
- Assisting with food preparation.
- Help in maintaining personal hygiene.
- Help with grocery shopping.
- Help with doing laundry.
- Accompanying the patient to the doctor’s appointment.
- Performing basic medical tasks, such as administering insulin and others.
One way or another, the services cover a wide range of tasks necessary for assistance with everyday tasks and household chores. Even if the patient is faced with health issues that do not allow reach at a decision, caregivers like a friend, neighbor, or family members are expertly matched to come to the rescue and change the situation for the better. Please pay special attention that one cannot invite a parent or spouse (who lives in the same address) to work as PA.
What Are the Benefits of the CDPAP program?
In short, it allows patients to get care services from the comfort of their homes and avoid additional costs with Medicaid. An equally important gain of the program is that seniors can independently choose a person they will feel most comfortable with.
The program also provides quality in-home care to meet the personal care needs of each senior. This is great news for people who are used to comfort and don’t want to disrupt their daily routine.
Key benefits of the CDPAP Program:
- An eligible person can get help from family members, an acquaintance, or a designated PA. As a result, the patient may feel more comfortable.
- Guardians receive official wages while they take care of elderly patients, including a paid vacation.
- Seniors can arrive at their own decisions and select PAs from a wide range of candidates. A senior who does not feel safe with unfamiliar people can also opt for a family member.
- CDPAP fully addresses all the elderly or disabled’s daily needs and provides them with appropriate services.
- The program has no less stringent regulations that determine the amount of time it takes to meet an older person’s needs. The designated caregiver or family member can decide for themselves how much time it will take to provide a senior with the appropriate comfort and care.
- CDPAP does not offer standardized care schemes for an elderly patient. A caregiver has every right to independently determine a person’s individual needs and give an appropriate scope of services.
- The program provides the client with medical assistance from the comfort of his/her own home. A person no longer needs to visit hospitals and other institutions. It also instills confidence in family members who know their loved ones feel comfortable.
Now you can independently answer questions such as “What is CDPAP” and “What are the benefits of this program”? to provide yourself or your loved ones with warm and professional home care .
Want to learn more about CDPAP or want professional assistance to navigate through the application process and enroll in CDPAP?
Then call us today at 718-550-3177.